Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bad Headache { Day +83 }

I have this headache that won't go away! I thought I would need an ambulance to go to PMH and not my regular routine of using the volunteer drivers of Canadian Cancer Society. But I did manage to go to my appointment as usual. I took Tylenol before I left. But it did not really help much.

I mentioned this headache to my doctor, but no Catscan (CT Scan) needed. I am ready to have this procedure if he ordered but he said it won't be necessary. Hopefully, it was just a regular headache.

FACTS: Computed tomography (CT), originally known as computed axial tomography (CAT) and body section roentgenography, is a medical imaging method employing tomography where digital processing is used to generate a three-dimensional image of the internals of an object from a large series of two-dimensional X-ray images taken around a single axis of rotation. The word "tomography" is derived from the Greek tomos (slice) and graphia (describing). (Wikepedia)

Same as other Tuesdays, I will have to wait until 3 p.m. for the CMV results. But today, I got my result at 3:45 p.m. Quite a long day for me with this kind of headache!

Blood Pressure
Systolic - 130 (normal range = 90 to 135)
Diastolic - 80 (normal range = 50 to 90)

Complete Blood Count
HGB – 104 (normal range = 120 to 160)
PLT – 197
WBC - 4.5
Neut - 3.1 (normal range = 2.0 to 8.0)
Mg - 0.73
Creat - 109 (normal range > 100)
CMV - negative

Liver Functions
ALB - Not Available
ALT - 27
ALP - 43
AST - 27
TBili - 8

Legend:
Green: Normal
Yellow: Abnormal
Red: Critical

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home