Monday, October 17, 2005

Not off the hook yet! { Day +18 }

Other complications that I forgot to mention on my previous postings (Rejection and Complications) are the injuries to liver, lungs and heart. These organs are susceptible to be damaged because of high dosage of chemotherapy and radiation.

FACTS: VOD or Veno-occlusive disease is a disorder of the liver in which blood vessels become blocked and swollen.

FACTS: Interstitial Pneumonia is a form of pneumonia found within the lung tissues, caused by chemotherapy, radiation or infectious agents suc as viruses

They said there is no definite time frame in which one can expect certain side effects to occur. There are also other long-term side effects after transplant, this may include secondary malignancies, fatigue, recurrent infections, tight skin and stiff joints.

In my Day +5 posting, I mentioned an acquaintance named Susan who visited me. I also mentioned that her older sister has AML and had the Bone Marrow transplant last June. I just found out, she passed away last week, four months after transplant. My deepest condolences to her family. My prayers are with you at this difficult time.

REFLECTIONS: I was sad but not worried...my life is not in my hands anymore, I gave it up to Him, for He knows what is best for me and my family. Trust His Heart is a favorite song of mine and helps me to remember that...

God is too wise to be mistaken.
God is too good to be unkind.
So when you don't understand,
When you don't see His plan,
When you can't trace His hand,
Trust His heart.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in You." Isaiah 26:3, NIV.

CBC
HGB – 116
PLT – 102
WBC – 3.2
Neut – 1.9

Callers
Jerson
Ate Nenette
Ate Nancy
Ina
Dete Amor
Tatay

Visitor
Ate Irma
Jerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home