Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Regimen { Day -8 }

This morning I went back to PMH to change the dressing on my hickman line, to take two small tubes of blood and to receive the 5-day chemotherapy by ambulatory pump. This chemotherapy is part of the conditioning regimen.

FACTS: Conditioning Regimen is a combination of chemotherapy drugs, with or without radiation, given to prepare the patient for the bone marrow transplan. It is also called Preparative Regimen.

My brother-in-law, Manolo, drove me to the hospital with my sister Irma and my father. Don't be alarmed that they are with me, nothing serious, it just so happen that they can be with me this morning. It's also nice to be with them, I almost forgot that I am going for treatment.

Later at night, we attended the Mid-Week Prayer Meeting. Chris and I came to an agreement to see each other at the the prayer meeting. She wanted to bake me the chocolate cake I had put in my wishlist and I will wait for that when I come out of the hospital :) I told her not to do it now, since I started my chemo and might not have the appetite. Only Jerson will finish it :) After the presentation about Transformed with Troubles, from Purpose Driven Life, we prayed by twos. Chris prayed for me. Didn't I tell you that I am very emotional? While she was praying, I felt the sincerity of her prayers for me and my family, and I end up weeping. I didn't realize till after we pray that few tears dropped from her eyes, too.

REFLECTIONS: On previous posting about "Touched By an Angel", I forgot to mention everyone who continuously prays for me and my family. Also those friends who offered their help "anytime we need it". The tears dropped from me when Chris was praying was not sign of pain or weakness. They were tears of happiness knowing I have true friends like Chris, with her husband Edsel and their cute little girl, Caitlin Emma...we have friends we can depend upon and always hoping for the best and praying non-stop for us. They are also true angels in my eyes...

Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy, and dividing our grief. --Joseph Addison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home