Thursday, September 15, 2005

Touched by an Angel

In I Corinthians 13:11, you will find these words, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child..." Yes, when I was child, I wanted to be the best of the best. But that was a childish way for me now. Why? Because I think I just wanted it to be for a wrong reason like to be praised, to be honoured, to be recognized...

  • I have a good friend who once told me "Thanks for looking up to me. Whatever good you've seen in me, that's Christ and not me." If she's reading this, you know who you are and thank you for reminding me that it's all because of Him...
  • When I was in the hospital, another friend who never missed to give me a call. In spite of her big belly because her second baby is on the way, she will always be there not just for me but for my family. She would not mind driving me to my appointment even if she was a week away from her due date.
  • Not just one person but the whole family who were also there for me. They took care of me, day and night even if they have to sleep in an uncomfortable chair. They sang for me to lift my spirits high. They strengthen me with their prayers.
  • I have friends who were also there to make me laugh even with their silly jokes, they will try so hard just to see me with a smile. So many things they did for me like bring me flowers, foods, books and gifts; send an email or a card; sacrifice their lunchtime to visit me; starts and contributes in the fund raising for me; calls from far and wide, they are there to show they care.

Everyday we are touched by friends, love ones, and even people we hardly know, to show us love. In what they have done and showed me, I see them as angels sent by God. Did you ever think that angels are real? Angels in the form of ordinary people to bring us God's message. Have you been touched by an angel lately?

"...When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." On the Mid-Week Prayer Meeting we attended, this is what I realized...I don't have to be the best, I don't want to be praised, I don't want to be honoured, I don't want to be recognized, I simply want to be a follower of God and be a witness. Did you know that I used to have a desire of preaching to many people? Last night's speaker reminds me of my dream. But I don't have the guts, I don't even have the talent or skill. But I want to be used by God in a way I can and in a way He wanted me to.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

kaye, GOD is definitely using you! i receive a daily blessing and inspiration just by reading your blog. thank you for reminding me of GOD's goodness through your writing. may the LORD continue to bless you and your wonderful family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home