Monday, September 19, 2005

Anticipation { Day -10 }

I start my countdown today, 10 days prior to my bone marrow transplant. The transplant I will go through is called Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant.

FACTS: Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant is a transplant in which hemotopoietic (blood) stem cells are obtained from a suitably matched related or unrelated donor. (PMH)

In my case, my donor is very much related and she is a genetic match, 100%. The procedure itself is called Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant.

FACTS: Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant is a procedure in which stem cells are infused into a patient intravenously, after the patient has been treated with high-dose chemotherapy, with or without radiation.

The procedure is like a blood transfusion, opening of any part of my body nor sewing it, is not necessary. The only surgery I will have is from the hickman line and if I am not mistaken only 2 stitches will be needed.

Today, is the arrival of my oldest sister, Irma from the Philippines. Flight CX828 arrived at 9:45 p.m. in Toronto Pearson Airport. I will see her very soon, Jerson was on his way to airport when things start to get worse. The van he was driving to pick up my sister has break problem. But I am sure, everything will work fine and in no time, I will see my sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home