Tuesday, September 13, 2005

2 Seconds

Not 2 seconds but Second days times two...

  1. Jensine's second day of school
  2. Going out from our house was not easy at all. I kept hearing from Jensine that he does not want to go back to school all weekends and Monday morning. Monday was his second day of school. Few people told me that he might cry for a week or two. So I was prepared that he would shed tears when we leave him. But thank goodness, he did not...he was even glad to fall in line. Even his teacher was surprised to see him with a smile. Is this a good sign that he wants to go to school everyday?

  3. Amor's second day of G-CSF medication
  4. Remember my sister Amor, she's my donor. She will have to take Granuolocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) by injection for four consecutive days before they can harvest or do the Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Collection.

    FACTS: G-CSF causes the stem cells to leave the bone marrow and circulate in the bloodstream. The donor may experience muscle aches, bone pain, headaches and fatigue while on this medication, but these symptoms will subside once the medication is stopped.

    When I called her, she does not feel any symptoms yet. Is the medicine working for her in preparation for the PBSC Collection?

REFLECTIONS: Believe, this is the keyword for today. I believe that one day Jensine will learn to like school and I also believe that my sister will be able to produce enough stem cells for me, in God's time. I know that everything happens for a reason and that there is always a good and bad aspects of it. Personally, I always think of the worst first to prepare myself, then I do my best to see the good part. Sometimes, it is not easy to see the good side especially when we are blinded by our emotions. Believe that everything will work for our good. We may not see it now, maybe someday, but believe that one day you will see.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28, NIV

1 Comments:

At 1:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear that jensine is at school with a smile. give him time - soon he'll be rushing out the door before you. that's a very smart boy you have there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home