Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My Donor

My sister supposed to have appointment at PMH this morning. No! she does not have cancer, she is my donor. Her full assessment was moved on the 30th of August.

Her name is Amor. She is the second to the eldest sister of mine. She is married to a comic guy, Manolo with 3 kids, Rachel, Sarah and Gene. She is willing to donate her bone marrow to me if that's what it takes to prolong my life... and I will be forever thankful for her willingness.

FACT: Group of antigens are inherited from each parent, one from our mother and one from our father. With this in mind it is apparent that there is a 25% that any two siblings will be a match. (PMH)

With her past health condition, I was concern how she will be able to handle the procedures she has to go through and what will be the end result. So we tried to see if any of my siblings back in the Philippines was a match. Unfortunately, they were not a match. Having four siblings only one is a match.

REFLECTIONS: I met few individuals who have the same leukemia that I have and found out that their siblings were not identified as a match. I believe that God has His own exceptional plans for me and also for you.

"So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time."
Matthew 6:34, TLB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home