Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Good News and Not so Good News

Isn't it nice to have more family with you in time like this?

My oldest sister, Irma who is base in Philippines got her Visa! Very early in the morning, my sister Nancy noticed a new text message on her cell phone and voila! she will be coming soon. This is a very wonderful news for me. Hopefully, I will see her in time before I will have to go back to hospital.

The day started with a very pleasant news but it did not last. Today is August 30th, remember, today is my sister's appointment at PMH. The stem cell collection was postponed.

FACT: Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Collection or PBSC is a procedure involving the separation and collection of a particular type of white blood cell from the peripheral blood. (LIN)

The original date for this procedure and the date she booked for her vacation was next week, September 4th - September 10th. This all has to be changed because the procedure might harm her in her present health condition. But it is quite early to say that my Bone Marrow Transplant is not going to happen. The final words of the doctor who saw her was to wait for his call. He wanted to have a meeting extensively with all my doctors including the whole transplant team and my sister's doctors.

REFLECTIONS: I still believe that all things work for our good... And I still believe in prayers... "Thy will be done"

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
Ephesians 3:20

For Ate Irma and Dete Amor, thank you very much for doing all these for my sake. I know you will endure pain emotionaly and physically. Pain from being separated from your family and pain for all the procedure that has to be done in order to help restore my health back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home