Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm Back!

...not just in blogging but also in the hospital.

Yes, I was in the hospital last week. Jerson brought me to the emergency for 39.something fever. I did not want to go at first so I tried to wait, thinking maybe my fever will go down. But I had chills and been shaking for a while. When we called Princess Margaret Hospital, they told Jerson I had to be seen by a doctor. So we were going to see the doctor near us, but I could not even stand by myseld nor walk down the stairs to get to the van. I was so weak that Jerson decided to call 9-1-1.

So from Monday, March 5 I was in the hospital near us, Etobicoke General. It was not my first option but I had no choice, paramedics can only take me to the nearest hospital.

My blood pressure was so low, 89 over 58 (normal is 120 over 80), even the IV to increase my fluid did not help. It was like that for the days I was confined in the hospital. There were times it will go up to 107 over 80 but that was very seldom.

They found out I had infection in my blood. I am home now but still taking antibiotic for another week.

My white blood counts went up too, something that anybody can worry about since my history of Leukemia...but Psalms 36, verses 7 - 9... This is what Pastor Edwin Martin read to us when he visited me in the hospital.
7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home