Thursday, January 04, 2007

Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia

Our last trip for the year, from December 26 to December 30, we hit the road again. This time, just the three of us, Jerson, Jensine and me. The main trip was to Washington, D. C. We left Toronto at around 11 p.m. for a night trip so Jensine will not be bored for the 9-hour drive. Of course, we brought with us his portable DVD player just in case he will get bored.

Since we were just gonna drive, we decided to pass by Seventh-Day Adventist World Headquarter at Silver Spring, Maryland. Unfortunately, they were close for the tour but we were able to take some pictures for souvenir. Then we headed to ABC Potomac at Maryland.


Next stop, was to get rested to the hotel we are staying, Four Seasons Hotel at Washington, D. C. As one of the premier hotel at D. C. area, we hardly can afford the 3-night stay here. This stay was courtesy of Isadore and Rosalie, with the help of Nan, Bong and Emie (purposedly deleted their lastnames to hide their identities). Thank you very much for making this trip possible!


To welcome my little Jensine, they provided child-size bathrobe and slipper, children's books and activity set, plush toy, balloon and a personalised chocolate chip cookie from the Hotel Manager.


That evening, since we promised Jensine, we are going to swim, Four Seasons Hotel has a two lane indoor pool. This will be his main event for this trip, he misses swimming so much since we stopped his swimming lesson when I got sick.

The next day, we visited National Air and Space Museum, U. S. Capitol, National Gallery of Art Museum, National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden and Washington Monument. There are lots of things to do and visit at Washington, D. C. but with my not so great condition, we cannot go to see them all. I was already tired half of our plan for this day. And with lots of stops to rest, we did not have enough time to finish our planned-day tour.

This was taken inside the National Gallery of Art Museum where Jensine found a Wishing Well and asked me if I have a coin so he can make a wish. I asked him what he wished for..."I wish for a baby brother or sister." Whew! We need another miracle!

Friday, we went to Virginia to see the Pentagon. Again, every trip, we never missed doing lots of window shopping. At night, we just walk around the neighborhood where we see a lot of high fashion stores, the familiar golden dome of Washington, and Georgetown Mall.

Then, we went back to the hotel for another dip in the pool. Jensine enjoys this a lot since this was also the first time I can go into the water, I don't have my hickman line, so I can do this without fear of any infection to my line.

Late at night, we decided to drive around the city, to see the night view. We walk around the White House, United States Department of Treasury, Eisenhower Executive Office Building, Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial.


This is not our first time here at Washington, D. C. About 8 years ago, the Singles Ministry Department of Mt. Zion Church went here including me and Jerson, because we just got married months before the trip. But this trip will be very special for me and my family, since this will be our first trip together, just the 3 of us after my 2 year battle with my sickness. This is the best new year gift for us, after my recovery, to renew, to refresh and to restart this second life given to me with my beloved husband and son.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home