Monday, October 23, 2006

Michigan

Since March 2005, when I first diagnosed with Leukemia, I was bound to stay home or at least, near the hospital.

April 2006, was supposed to be my first trip out of town, courtesy of the Lumbo family, to Wigamog Inn Resort at Haliburton, Ontario. Unfortunately, I was confined in the hospital and was never allowed to go anywhere even after I was discharged on May 1. So this trip was cancelled. My doctors want to have me very close because of my situation.

Days, months had passed. I asked my doctors again if I can go out of the country. They said yes, but not in tropical countries like Philippines. So then, I was excited to cross the boarder on a road trip. Kuya Orly and Ate Ruby found out and they decided to take me and my family (Jerson and Jensine) with them to Michigan to visit their daughter, Jackie. This will be my first trip out of the country, more or less, just across the boarder.

We went to Andrews University at Berrien Springs, Michigan. We did a lot of shopping, well, mostly, window shopping along the way. It was also Kuya Orly's birthday so they took us out for dinner with Jackie who attends in Andrews.


We attended the Sabbath at Kalamazoo, Michigan were we met the other Mt. Zion members like the Frias couple, Regoso family and Jaraba family. Auntie Josie was there, too. After the service, we found out that we were to attend a birthday party of Tatay, relative of Auntie Milet. We joined them for dinner and stayed at Auntie Maila and Uncle Tito's house for the night.


I want to take this opportunity to thank Kuya Orly and Ate Ruby for this first time trip out of Canada, for everything. The hosts, Jackie at Berrien Springs and Auntie Maila and Uncle Tito's at Kalamazoo for their hospitality. And for all the people we met there, thank you for this good experience.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home