Tuesday, October 10, 2006

First Anniversary

One year it has been...since I had my Bone Marrow Transplant. Today, I had my anniversary check up. I did blood test, Pulmonary Function Test at Mt. Sinai Hospital and a regular check-up by special doctors. Blood test result at the end of this blog. PFT is also fine, according to the oncologist who looked at the results. The only signs of rejections or better call it, reactions from the transplant was the discoloration on my face. Doctors said it will go away soon.

FACTS: Spirometry (meaning the measuring of breath) is the most common of the Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs), measuring lung function, specifically the measurement of the amount (volume) and/or speed (flow) of air that can be inhaled and exhaled. (Wikipedia)

REFLECTIONS: I believe I have a purpose in this world, to serve God. I committed myself of telling my story, how God healed me and continously healing me. If you read my previous post about Thanksgiving, that was just a start. I am planning to do this in other places, wherever He wants me to. In Mark 8:35 from New International Version,
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.

Complete Blood Count
HGB – 118 (normal range = 120 to 160)
PLT – 307
WBC - 4.9
Neut - 2.1
Mg - 0.66 (normal range = 0.70 up)
Creat - 51
Ca - 2.40

Liver Functions
ALB - not available
ALT - 16
ALP - 50
AST - 26
TBili - 4.8

Legend:
Green: Normal
Yellow: Abnormal
Red: Critical

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home