Sunday, January 01, 2006

No More Crying, Mom { Day +94 }

One Saturday morning, my son, Jensine was crying before we left to go to church. I can't remember now, why. But anyway, everone tried to make him stop but noone was able to make him stop crying. It was those time when I couldn't stay close to him because he had colds or cough. But my mother-in-law said, maybe I should try. So then, I held him in my arms and right then and there, he just stopped, while I was singing to him...

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much, I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away.

The song just popped up from my head and seing my son's face seems like he understood the meaning of the song. Since then, this became our family's song. Just last week, he had colds again. My husband, Jerson really get upset when I stay closer to him. I do understand his concern, too. But sometimes, it's really hard to keep away from Jensine. It's surely harder for me and probably for my son, too. I end up crying, I guess, it's just one of those days :) Maybe, I've been missing him so much, although, we are together at home, but it's different when you cannot hold him near you. While I was trying to hide my tears from him, he still noticed and said to me "No more crying, mom". Oooh! That makes me cry harder because of mix feelings, happy, proud of my son and still a little bit of sadness. But it made me feel better inside.

REFLECTIONS: Are we forgetting that there is also a God who promised us to end tears. He's been trying to tell us "no more crying" if we just come to Him and accept Him. When my son told me that phrase, it also reminds me that our God just not tell you to stop crying but also tells us that He can end this tears.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:4

1 Comments:

At 11:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww - what a beautiful entry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home