Monday, December 19, 2005

9 More Days { Day +81 }

12 more days before New Year! and 9 more days for the day I've been waiting for...

This is the season of getting together, dinner, or lunch with friends and families. For others, this is the season of expanding :) not just because of the winter weather were people are lazy to go out because of cold weather; it's because of eating out, eating here and there with friends, co-workers and families.

Last Sunday, I had families come over to our place for Jensine's 4th Birthday. Yesterday afternoon, a very good friend of ours got married and Jensine was the Bible Bearer in the Wedding Party. And after that, we had our "Barkada's Annual Christmas Party". I know, I am not supposed to be with large crowds and eating out, catering, and potluck foods.

For Jensine's Birthday, we did the cooking. For the wedding, not really good to publicize, but I did not eat at the Wedding Reception. But I am sure their food were very good. Hmmm, I really wish I could try them all. Well, I had salad and bread which I think I could eat. And this couple are special friends of ours, so I just thought I have to be there on their wedding day even with large crowd. Aside from the reason that Jensine was going to walk on the aisle to bring the Bible for the Wedding Ceremony. BTW, he did a good job on his part. I will post some pictures and even a video next time. And I think I did my part of avoiding people who I know are sick.

For our annual Christmas Party, we did potluck. Yes, I should avoid potlucks, too. But this long-time friends of ours knew my condition and really takes good care of me, nobody bought or ordered food to bring. They brought to my place home-cooked meals and they made sure they were prepared properly and cooked well. Aren't they so sweet?

I don't think, this is it...I am sure there will be more get togethers to attend to, more dinner at a friends' place or my place. But I will have 9 more days of strick diet...and will stick to that. If you remember, my dietitian gave me 90 days to follow the Guide to Safety Eating and other food restrictions. I am almost there!!! And I have very good friends who planned something already, yes, eat out! To have a dinner after this 90 days of what, should I say "ordeal"? Hi!hi!hi! I know that all these are for my own good. That's why I am trying to follow them as much as I can. And I should say, my friends and families are also trying their best to make it easier on me and everyone else. Again, thank you for all your support, love and care!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday jensine! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home