Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hypertension! { Day +54 }

My blood pressure is going up!!! This is also one of the side effects of all the medications I am taking. On November 22nd, my BP was 140/100 mmHg. It was just a little bit over than normal. So the doctor said that they will monitor it, if my Blood Pressure next week still goes up, they will put me on another medication :(

FACTS: Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by the blood on the walls of the blood vessels. The peak pressure in the arteries during the cardiac cycle is the systolic pressure, and the lowest pressure (at the resting phase of the cardiac cycle) is the diastolic pressure. Values are usually given in millimetres of mercury (mmHg). Normal ranges for blood pressure in adult humans are: (taken from Wikipedia)

  • Systolic between 90 and 135 mmHg
  • Diastolic between 50 and 90 mmHg
Complete Blood Count
HGB – 109 (normal range = 120 to 160)
PLT – 167
WBC - 11.9
Neut - 10 (normal range = 2.0 to 8.0)
Mg - 0.77
Creat - 88

Liver Functions
ALB - Not Available
ALT - 34
ALP - 54
AST - 25
TBili - 6

Legend:
Green: Normal
Yellow: Abnormal
Red: Critical

1 Comments:

At 9:51 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I could't see you yesterday! But I know you are doing great - take care of you my friend and I'll see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home