Monday, November 21, 2005

Hairy! { Day + 53 }

One of the less common side effects of Cyclosporine, anti-rejection drug, is increase in hair growth on the face and forearms especially in women. Having said that, I am starting to have light hair in my face. If you will take a good look at it, I'm growing beard and mustache :( But this is temporary, once I am off with this drug, I don't have to shave like my hubby :) There was also an increase hair growth on my eyebrows. It's funny how I am growing these hair but not on my head...he!he!he!

FACTS: Cyclosporine is use to prevent or treat organ rejection and to prevent graft-vs-host disease (GVHD) in transplant patients.

Complete Blood Count
HGB – 112 (normal range = 120 to 160)
PLT – 159
WBC - 15.8
Neut - 13.3 (normal range = 2.0 to 8.0)
Mg - 0.71
Creat - 94

Liver Functions
ALB - Not Available
ALT - 42 (normal range = less than or equal 39)
ALP - 65
AST - 24
TBili - 6

Legend:
Green: Normal
Yellow: Abnormal
Red: Critical

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home