Thursday, October 20, 2005

Busy Day! { Day +21 }

It was a busy day for a person like me, who is bound within the walls of PMH.

First, I had the IV nurse for blood test taken from my arm in the morning. This has been going on every Mondays and Thursdays after the transplant to test the level of my "anti-rejection" drugs in my blood. Yeah!, and that reminds me of the anti-rejection pills. Woooh! they stink like skunk. No kidding! Let me know if you want to try to smell it, to believe :) I am taking 2 in capsule form, one small and the other one is humongous! Over statement? I can always show you if you can handle the smell :)

Then, my nurse came for my usual morning vitals. After that, my lady doctor came to check up on me with all these news. Both of these are done in daily basis.

I was also visited by the dietitian to follow up on my eating habbits when I go home (*hint*) She wants to make sure if I know my food restrictions and the guide for safety eating for post-transplant patients. This has to be followed for 90 days.

Btw, since I experienced something weird with my vision this morning, they ordered for me to do an MRI test at 2 p.m.

FACTS: Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - also called magnetic resonance tomography (MRT) - is a method of creating images of the inside of opaque organs in living organisms as well as detecting the amount of bound water in geological structures.

I am not a claustrophobic person but I was pretty shaken up before I entered that tubular hole. Hey, that was my first time and not sure what will happen while inside that machine. But after couple of scans, I was fine. I didn't even use the "ativan" that I asked my doctor to give me before the test. It was about 3:30 when I got back to my room.

My AST and ALT went up again...but then nothing to worry about at this point, still under observation. But, a big but, if this went up really high tomorrow, I won't be able to go home on Friday...that's okay, if it's better for me to stay...I don't want to take a chance.

With my Magnesium less than normal, they gave me more to boost my Magnesium. They were given to me in tablet form and IV. Yes, I had my "bestfriend" pole to tag along with me this afternoon until before bedtime.

CBC
HGB – 113
PLT – 169
WBC – 3.6
Mg - 0.62

Liver Functions
ALB - was not able to get today's range
ALT - 89
ALP - 62
AST - 57
TBili - 8

Callers
Jerson
Tatay
Dete Amor
Ate Nenette
Auntie Josie Camato
Ate Judy Gamez
Catherine Herrera-De Leon
Ate Nancy
Kuya Manolo
Ina and Ama

Visitor
Ate Irma
Ate Emmie and Kuya Bong Buning
Jerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home