Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Vital Signs { Day -2 }

Since I came here, my vital signs are regularly check, morning, afternoon, nights and even in the middle of the night around 3 a.m. Vital signs are physical signs that indicate an individual is alive, such as heart beat, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen.

FACTS: Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of the arteries. Each time the heart beats (about 60-70 times a minute at rest), it pumps out blood into the arteries. Your blood pressure is at its highest when the heart beats, pumping the blood. This is called systolic pressure. When the heart is at rest, between beats, your blood pressure falls. This is the diastolic pressure. (LifeClinic)

Average Blood Pressure Rates (Franklin Institute Online)

systolic 110 to 150
over
diastolic 60 to 80

FACTS: Pulse Rate is the rate of the arterial pulse usually observed at the wrist and stated in beats per minute

Average Pulse Rates

Adult Males about 72
Adult Females 76 to 80
Newborns up to 140
Children about 90
Elderly 50 to 65

FACTS: A Pulse Oxymeter consists of a computerized monitor probe that can be attached to the patient’s finger, toe, nose or ear lobe, the monitoring unit displays a digital percentage readout of a calculated estimate of the patient’s hemoglobin (Hgb) that is saturated with oxygen (Sp02) (Manitoba Health)

Range Value
Normal 95 to 100%
Mild hypoxia 91 to 94%
Moderate hypoxia 86 to 90%
Severe hypoxia below 85% (EMSresource.net)

So far my vital signs are within normal or average...but I did suffer from other side effects of chemotherapy drugs like nausea, headache, and fatigue.

I was told that doctors might give me a daypass tomorrow from noon to night time to get out of the hospital depending on my blood counts. This is my last chance to see Jensine before isolation. So if you are planning to visit me tomorrow, please call my house first and check if I was given the daypass...thanks.

EDIT:
CBC
HGB - 99
WBC - 2,800
Neut - 1,900
PLT - 122,000

Visitor
Ate Irma
Jerson
Dete Amor
Ate Nancy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home