Saturday, September 24, 2005

Reunion { Day -5 }

The topic for the Devine Worship this morning was about "Marriage and Family". And I am happy to have my family worship with me at Mt. Zion Church. Yes, from Tatay Oscar, Ate Irma, Dete Amor and Ate Nancy and their kids were with me this Sabbath day. Of course, my parents-in-law, Ina and Ama, my sister-in-law, Ate Nenette and her family, who are always with us. It was like a reunion for me. Although, I still have one more sister I missed, Jenny or Deng as we call her, who's still in the Philippines and cannot be with me right now. She just had a baby last February, Nat-Nat. Did I mention that Jerson has 4 sisters and 3 more brothers? They're all over the world, Philippines, Canada and Indonesia.

The Mt. Zion church family offered a special prayer for me in the afternoon after the church potluck.

There's another get-together later at night, with family friends here in Canada. They were the ones we first met here, the Buning family. From my Ninang Cora and Ninong Amading de Jesus, Ate Weng and Kuya Jun and their kids and Ate Emy and Kuya Bong. Ate Emie and Kuya Bong are my kumpadre and kumadre but I am used to call them Ate and Kuya. And guess what, Ate Emie cooked lasagna for me...I can delete my baked macaroni from my wishlist for her homemade lasagna is far better than the baked macaroni I have in mind. Ate Nenette and Kuya Rene were there too, with Rose and my 2 nephews, Uriel and Rainon. Ate Nancy and her 3 kids, Justin, Keith and Ivan. We had this get-together at Kuya Manolo and Dete Amor's house. Their kids are there from Rachel, Sarah and Gene. Just imagine how happy Jensine was to have all his cousins. Kuya Manalo called this get-together as my "despedida" for I am going for a vacation starting tomorrow...yap, tomorrow I will check in at Pricess Margaret Hospital...and they are planning to have a welcome party when I come back.

REFLECTIONS: There's another reunion I want to be part of...the Second Coming of Jesus Christ...


"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air."
I Thessalonians 4:16-17, NIV.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kaye! sorry we missed you at church yesterday. jessica was sick on friday so we stayed home. we'll be praying for you. welcome back celebration in the kindergarten room soon, ok! GOD bless.

 
At 10:37 p.m., Blogger Kaye said...

thanks...I will look forward to that celebration :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home