Thursday, September 29, 2005

Radiation and Transplantation { Day 0 }

FACTS: Day 0 is the day that the bone marrow is infused in to the patient. Also referred to as the transplant day.

My day started with lots and lots of medicined for the preparation of Radiation and BMTransplantation.

After 9:30 a.m. I found out I cannot have food nor water until 3 p.m. At 10:00 a.m., they brought me to the Radiation Clinic Floor 2B. Radiologists and Physicist told me my position and everything they will have to put on the side and on top of my body to balance the radiation treatment. I will be under the radiation 13 minutes on my back and another 13 minutes on my stomach. The bed has no cushion to make sure I am lying flat on it...it wasn't very comfortable. But it's over now, and it was not that bad, well I will get some side effects sooner or later but haven't feel anything yet. Thank GOD! I came back to my room around 11 a.m.

Between 11 a.m to 2 p.m, I guess I am being anxious of what will happen and what will I feel when they infused the bone marrow they tooked from my sister Amor. Again, they've given me a lot of medications for nausea, anxiety, and more. Before 3 p.m., Pastor Edwin Martin came and prayed for us. He was there until the infusion was finished. Dr. Loach and nurse, Katie were there to do the infusion...it was easy to look at procedure, first infusion I tasted the preservative they put in the bone marrow, but then later on the impact to my body, especially to my chest down to my stomach and to my feet are almost not bearable. They were monitoring my blood pressure and oxygen. It was a very different feeling. It was done 3 times, 2 big syringes at a time with 5 minutes break. I almost quit, I tried to cough because I can't breathe. I asked Jerson to hold my hand and the nurse kept massaging my feet, coz I almost can't feel them. After almost 40 minutes, the process was done, it was over, I just have to wait for what will happen next...I was so tired that I just tried to lie down and tried to sleep...

REFLECTIONS: The transplant is over! I just have to wait till the bone marrow of my loving sister works on me. Please continue to pray for me for the following three weeks will be tough... And everything now is all depends on God. He knows what is best for me and my family. He holds my future on His hands...

CBC
HGB - 99
WBC - 2,300
PLT - 67,000
Mg - 0.72

Visitor
Jerson
Pastor Edwin Martin

Callers
Ate Nenette
Ate Nancy
Kuya Manolo
Dete Amor
Karly

2 Comments:

At 9:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi kaye! thanks for sharing the details of your transplant. i truly admire your strong faith in God, your courage and your positive outlook on life. i want to be just like you *when i grow up*.

 
At 5:27 a.m., Anonymous buy atenolol 50 mg online said...

aten 50 mg Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers. It also helps to prevent future heart attacks and stroke and migraines.it helps in relaxing our blood vessels by blocking the action of certain natural substances in our body.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home