Monday, September 12, 2005

My Wishlist

Friday was Jensine's official first day of shcool. Not to embarrass my son but he did cry on his first day. Hearing your son crying would almost want you to cry too...but I didn't. But it was so hard for me to leave the school yard.

To prepare him for first day of Junior Kindergarten, we planned to send him to a daycare and other preparatory school. But when I got sicked, lots of things changed, not just emotionally, physically, spiritually but even financially. This include changes with our plans for Jensine... although, here in Canada, you can find Early Years Program for free. But it was still a concern for us since my immune system is low due to treatments. You know how they said that kids are prone to virus and germs. We can't allow him to meet with many kids that could potentially pass even cold virus to him and later to me. He also stopped his swimming lesson.

This is one of my wishes before going back and staying for a while in the hospital, to see Jensine goes to school. I had this in mind even before I decided to have the transplant. I walked him to school Friday morning with Jerson and Ina. Ina will be the official person to pick him up and drop him off to school. It's so nice to meet Jensine's teacher and her assistant. They are very nice to Jensine and it gave me peace of mind.

If you read on the right side of this site, you will also find my Wishlist. One of them is the Muhlach's Mega Melt Ensaymada. It is a Filipino pastry covered with butter and lots of shredded cheese. This is one of things I wanted to eat before I start my chemotherapy or before I start my special diet. There are lists of foods that I cannot eat when I am on Low Microbial Diet or LMD.

FACTS: Low Microbial Diet is a diet that does not allow you to eat foods that may contain large amounts of harmful organisms. These specific foods, which have been excluded to my diet, to reduce the risk of infection. This diet is used along with the "Guide to Safe Eating" by PMH. This diet stops when my blood counts, specifically, the nutrophils (a portion of the white blood cell population that fights bacterial infections) went up.

If you noticed, I crossed out the Muhlach Ensaymada on my list. Thanks to my dear friend, "Mareng Ica". I told her how much I wanted to eat ensaymada and if she knew how it can be delivered from the Philippines (if it's allowed to be shipped here). She found out that her co-worker has a store in North York and they are selling Muhlach Ensaymada. As soon as she finds out, she gave me a call to ask which flavor I want. With special delivery from Mississauga by a very good friend of mine, I had a box of scrumptious, mouthwatering ensaymada to indulge. "Thanks again from the bottom of my heart not only for the ensaymada but the friendship that we have. "

Another thing I crossed out from my wishlist under gadgets to own was the webcam. My kind and loving husband bought me a webcam. This time I need it instead of I want it. I need it because this is the tool we are going to use to talk and see Jensine when I am in the hospital. At least three weeks that I will be in isolation and Jensine will not be able to visit me those time. And I also have relatives and friends from far who wanted to see me. Anyways, he bought a cheap webcam, as long as it works, I don't mind :)

Friday, three wishes came true...

REFLECTIONS: Saturday morning I learned a lot from Mt. Zion Church speaker, Mr. Ulyses Guarin about "Stewardship: Boon or Bane?" and "Principles of Personal/Family Finance". I mainly want to mention how he gave us ideas to tell apart "wants" from "needs" and the following questions he presented to us will determine if we really need something...
  1. Do you need it? Yes or No (If yes, go to second question)
  2. Can you afford it? Yes or No (If yes, go to last question)
  3. Will it give glory to God or self?
This will always be a good reminder for me and this also means to go back to my wishlist, especially on material things I posted...there are things I just want to have and it will be deleted...

2 Comments:

At 5:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read about Jensine's first day at school. Its not because he was not send to a Daycare before. You know that my son was going to a Daycare, but you wouldn't believe how he was on his first day. He was crying like crazy and finally "THREW UP". Now everybody knows him :) Like you said I felt like crying with him..but what can I do..

 
At 7:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online cell phone Accessories store! we are the best mobile electronics accessories supplier for all models iPhone, Samsung, Blackberry, etc at wholesale price

 

Post a Comment

<< Home