Friday, September 16, 2005

Is This Your Final Answer?

From early morning, I've been walking in and out of PMH. Thursday is my last pre-Bone Marrow Transplant tests. There are numbers of physicians and staff I met, from dentist, radiologist, pulmonary technologist, nurses, the transplant team and even psychiatrist.

First, CT scan of Chest.

FACTS: CT SCAN of Chest. Computed tomography (also known as CT or CAT scanning) of the chest uses special equipment to obtain multiple cross-sectional images of the organs and tissues of the chest. (PMH)

Second, dental appointment. I will be receiving one radiation treatment before the transplant.

FACTS: Radiation treatment is used to remove cancer cells from the body. It has oral and dental side effects due to the impact of radiation on the saliva glands, teeth and tooth supporting bone (PMH)


It is the role of the dentist to prevent any other dental problems, of course, that means doing my part too...

Third, met with the psychiatrist for an hour. I guess they want to make sure I can handle the stress of the transplant, especially the effects of post-transplant.

Fourth, a pulmonary function test at Mount Sinai Hospital to assess the functional status of my lungs.

Blood was drawn again to check my blood counts. All these test will be repeated again after the transplant.

Last but not the least, to see the transplant team for our last talk and to sign all the documents needed to be signed before they do the transplant. To answer "YES" to the procedure with no second thoughts. Is this your final answer? This is more than a million dollar question to me now. YES, it is my final answer...and so help me God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home